Deep Ellum Community Associa…
2630 Commerce Street
The Deep Ellum Community Association is a volunteer community group representing anyone who lives in Deep Ellum, works or owns a business in Deep Ellum, owns property in Deep Ellum, or just loves Deep Ellum! We are dedicated to a Deep Ellum as a diverse, urban, sustainable walking neighborhood built upon a culture of independent creativity.
DECA's projects include
- The Deep Ellum Texas marketing campaign and business outreach
- The Deep Ellum Facebook pages and social media sites
- The Deep Ellum Mural Project
- Deep Ellum Mural Planters
- Deep Ellum Urban Gardens (through DECA's DUG Committee)
- Monthly mixers, community pot-luck suppers, and July 4th and Holiday Parties
- Deep Ellum Art Festival's "Deep Ellum Texas" area.
- 45 Fund (in memory of Frankie Campagna and Adam Carter, to help artists and musicians cope with drug, alcohol, depression, and suicidal thoughts).
- Deep Ellum Enrichment Project
- Deep Ellum Art And Music Drive
- Deep Ellum T-Shirt Project
- Advocacy on behalf of community with city
DECA works diligently to get all neighborhood organizations, businesses, property owners and residents working together for the betterment of our community.
DECA meets the second Wednesday of every month at 6:30pm, at 2630 Commerce St.
DECA is currently extending automatic membership to all Deep Ellum residents, businesses, business employees, property owners, and active DEEP participants. We are developing a voluntary membership program, but intend to promote all Deep Ellum businesses regardless of membership. To do that, we are dependent upon contributions, grants, and fundraising projects. DECA is a 501c4, but we can partner with the Deep Ellum Foundation to give people who want to donate a 501c3 charitable deduction.
The best way to get involved is to attend a weekly DEEP meeting on Tuesdays or attend a monthly DECA meeting.
Our current board of directors is as follows:
- Sean Fitzgerald - President.
- Tanner Hockensmith - Vice President
- Randee Prez - Vice President
- Rachel Stas - Treasurer
- Rachel Triska - Secretary
- Frank Campagna
- Kelly Clemons
- Katie Jensen
- Jeff Kiec
- Kayce Phy
- Paula Ramirez
- John Solis
For questions or for more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.